The Mount Fund - Large grants programme
Who can apply?
Registered charities whose beneficiaries are in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent, Surrey and London and have a maximum income of £1,000,000 (Charities who are applying under the homelessness category and also provide accommodation, annual income must be less than £1m after deduction of rental income/housing benefit).
As from 1st April 2023 the Fund has the following priority areas:
- Mental Health
- Community Youth Services
- Refugee and Asylum Seekers
What type of grants do we give?
Grants are for the strategic development of services and the following factors will be taken into account when assessing applications:
- General statistics about the size of the problem
- Awareness of the structural, economic and social issues that are contributing to this problem at a national level and a local level
- Specifically what are the local needs, and how does the charity position themselves in relation to other agencies addressing the same area of need
- What the charity does in the context of the above i.e. exactly what do they see themselves as doing and how do they do it
- The charity's demonstration of efficacy - how can they demonstrate awareness of their own results
- Recent external validation or independent assessment
- The Trustees will only consider appeals from national organisations at branch level where the branch is able to provide separate accounts and is responsible for its own finances.
- The Trustees do not fund individuals.
- The Trustees do not consider generally consider applications from charities with an income of over £1,000,000 except where the conditions stated under Homelessness above are met.
- The Trustees are unable to accept applications from charities that are not registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales.
- Charities that have received a large grant in the last three years, based on the date of the last grant payment.
How much do we give?
Grants are generally between £15,000 - £25,000 per year, up to three years.
What to include with your application?
A copy of your most recent signed annual report and financial statements, a budget for the current financial year, and a strategic plan, or equivalent. All these documents can be uploaded at the end of the online application form. We do not accept draft accounts. Where possible please submit these documents in pdf format.
Please do not send any other information as it will be discarded.